This site doesn’t allow pinning to Pinterest or posting of any content by secondary parties to Facebook or MySpace. Any infringement of copyrighted property will be met with a) a Digital Millennium Copyright Act takedown notice, b) a bill for usage of any images and c) a potential lawsuit for copyright infringement. Spam comments will be deleted (links to other services not related to photography are not welcome in this blog; please e-mail me prior to posting a comment containing such links. I do not support any links to secondary photography services that do not offer customer service guarantees). Please contact the owner with any questions. Thanks for visiting!

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Photo Challenges - Challenge Your Photographic Eye

Photo Challenges can make photography interesting. You can take an ordinary household objects and figure out ways to photograph them. What I found is that I occasionally like to take certain objects that you use every day...and figure out what I can do to make them look interesting. Other people like alter the object and make new objects out of it, but I like to test myself out by seeing if I can make objects interesting by perspective. That is the essence of the photographic eye.

Take for example a toilet paper roll - yes, that's a weird subject. Well...what else but a challenging subject:









Yes, I know. I must be incredibly bored to photograph toilet paper.

You can do the same with Christmas lights.



These were done with the D300s and 50mm f/1.8 D

Learn to see photographically and let your photography ideas take off.

No comments:

Post a Comment