This site doesn’t allow pinning to Pinterest or posting of any content by secondary parties to Facebook or MySpace. Any infringement of copyrighted property will be met with a) a Digital Millennium Copyright Act takedown notice, b) a bill for usage of any images and c) a potential lawsuit for copyright infringement. Spam comments will be deleted (links to other services not related to photography are not welcome in this blog; please e-mail me prior to posting a comment containing such links. I do not support any links to secondary photography services that do not offer customer service guarantees). Please contact the owner with any questions. Thanks for visiting!

Saturday, March 10, 2012

OH DEAR GOD...HE SHOT WITH A CANON!!!!

I shoot Nikon. I prefer Nikon. However a camera is a camera and I can shoot as well with any camera that you put in my hands. Be it a Pentax, a Sigma, an Olympus, a Sony, or heaven forbid...even a Canon. It's not the brand of camera, it's the knowledge between your ears. Put ANY camera in the hands of a competent photographer and they will be able to turn out a well-exposed, well composed photo.

The basic point of a photo is that a) it is well-composed and b) well exposed. The work area didn't give me much to work with. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!


This was done with a Canon 40D (probably one of the best Canon DSLRs out there in my opinion), not too many megapixels at 10.1 MP, (I would say that 12 or 13 MP is the maximum for a CMOS 1.6 or 1.5X crop sensor). All my Nikon friends have probably had coronaries due to my actually shooting with a Canon.

As much as I enjoyed my sojourn with a Canon (while working at London Drugs), I do just as well if I never touched another Canon again. Sorry, Canon, it isn't you, it's me. I'm a diehard Nikonian at heart.

The whole point is...don't think in terms of brands, think in terms of what you can do with the camera and pick the features that are right for you. For you the right camera just may be a Canon...or a Nikon...or an Olympus or...whatever. The most important thing as that whatever camera you use, you learn to use it to the best of your ability. That's the most important photography lesson that can be learned. It's not the camera...it's what is between your ears that you use to create photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment