This site doesn’t allow pinning to Pinterest or posting of any content by secondary parties to Facebook or MySpace. Any infringement of copyrighted property will be met with a) a Digital Millennium Copyright Act takedown notice, b) a bill for usage of any images and c) a potential lawsuit for copyright infringement. Spam comments will be deleted (links to other services not related to photography are not welcome in this blog; please e-mail me prior to posting a comment containing such links. I do not support any links to secondary photography services that do not offer customer service guarantees). Please contact the owner with any questions. Thanks for visiting!

Thursday, April 7, 2011

My Dream Kit

Everybody has a dream kit that they want to get. Since I am going to be specializing in wildlife photography, the lenses that I have to get are more expensive than normal. This is probably going to be what I end up getting eventually.

When I finally came to the realization that I don’t particularly need FX (full-frame for wildlife photography (I can do without it), I nixed my idea of a D700 as a primary camera and decided to just go with two D300s for my dream kit. As much as I had wanted a D3s and a D3x. I'm now perfectly happy with using the D300s and if I can get a second D300s body to accompany me into the field, that'll just make it even better.

So my dream kit strictly for wildlife and landscapes is as follows (in red; the gear that I am saving up for - in green, the kit I already have):

Nikon D300s (x 2) (already have 1 body)

Nikon MB-D10 battery grip
Photobucket

Nikon AF-S DX 17-55mm f/2.8G IF ED
Photobucket

Nikon AF-S Zoom-Nikkor ED 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G IF DX (already have this lens)
Photobucket

Nikon AF-S 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED VR
Photobucket

Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR II (lens acquired June 2010)
Photobucket

Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 200-400mm f/4G ED VR II
Photobucket

Now I've been torn between getting the 200-400mm f/4 or just going and getting the 300mm f/2.8 VRII

Photobucket


Nikon AF-S 600mm f/4G IF-ED VR II (December 2014)
Photobucket

Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-20EIII (??? 2012)
Photobucket

Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-17EII
Photobucket

Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14EII
Photobucket

Better Beamer (Fresnel Flash Augmenter)
Photobucket

Nikon SB-900
Photobucket

Gitzo GT 5541LS (October 2011)
Photobucket

Wimberley WH-200 (October 2011)
Photobucket

LEE 10X ND filters + Graduated 0.3, 0.6 and 0.9 ND filters.
Photobucket

What this will take is slow acquisition, one at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment